Our Wild Midrange Shaman deck guide features the best deck list for the current meta, with Mulligan advice, strategy tips, card combos and synergies.
Wild Midrange Shaman is a Hearthstone archetype which leans on much of the early game you'll find in more aggressive decks, but then empowers the established board presence as the match wears on. Key cards in the deck include Bloodlust and Thunder Bluff Valiant, which both provide a very obvious impact on that strategy. Our guide to the deck will outline exactly how you should go about achieving this.
You need quite a few cards from previous expansions to get going with our preferred deck list for the Un'Goro metagame, and so it's best suited to those who've been with Hearthstone throughout its life. That said, the most expensive card here is the Legendary Dr. Boom, and he's a core part of the Wild experience so you'll get loads of use out of him.
We start things off by showing you what we believe is the best deck list in circulation right now, before heading into some tips about handling the Mulligan stage correctly. Finally, we've listed all of the most important combos you can make use of - study these carefully if you want to truly master this deck, and react efficiently to whichever opponent you happen to be facing.
If you have any questions, let us know in the comments and we'll do our best to steer you through this very satisfying deck!
BREAKING NEWS! - Don't miss our Journey to Un'Goro guide, which contains everything we know about the next expansion for Hearthstone!
Wild Midrange Shaman deck list and strategy - Un'Goro
We think this is the strongest Wild Midrange Shaman deck list you can field right now. Let us know in the comments about any improved versons you discover so we can try them out too!
|2 x Lightning Bolt||1 x Bloodmage Thalnos|
|2 x Tunnel Trogg||LOE||2 x Azure Drake|
|2 x Flametongue Totem||1 x Dr. Boom||GVG|
|1 x Jade Claws||MSG|
|2 x Maelstrom Portal||KAR|
|2 x Totem Golem||LOE|
|2 x Feral Spirit|
|2 x Hex|
|2 x Lightning Storm|
|1 x Mana Tide Totem|
|2 x Jade Lightning||MSG|
|1 x Jinyu Waterspeaker||MSG|
|1 x Bloodlust|
|1 x Thunder Bluff Valiant||TGT|
|1 x Fire Elemental|
|2 x Thing from Below||TOG|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID:
More Hearthstone guides:
- 1. Tempo Mage - Wild Tempo Mage deck list guide
- 2. Aggro Shaman - Wild Aggro Shaman deck list guide
- 3. Reno Priest - Wild Reno Priest deck list guide
- 4. Midrange Hunter - Wild Midrange Hunter deck list guide
- 5. Pirate Warrior - Wild Pirate Warrior deck list guide
- 6. Dragon Priest - Wild Dragon Priest deck list guide
- 7. Midrange Shaman - Wild Midrange Shaman deck list guide
- 8. Renolock- Wild Renolock deck list guide
- 9. Best Wild decks - The best Wild Hearthstone decks
Wild Midrange Shaman Mulligan guide - Un'Goro
While the Wild metagame is subject to quite a lot of flux, there are certain keeps that are always sensible in just about any match-up.
Core keeps include Jade Claws, Tunnel Trogg, and an Overload card to beef up the Trogg. Your prime candidate for empowering that minion is Totem Golem, as this will leave you with an intimidating early board presence.
If you're sure you're up against an aggro opponent, lend greater weight to keeping Maelstrom Portal as well. Against slower control opponents, forget this spell and hope to get a Flametongue Totem instead.
Wild Midrange Shaman tips, combos and synergies - Un'Goro
Here are all of the most important combos available to you when you use our preferred Wild Midrange Shaman deck:
- Any of your spell damage cards become more powerful with Bloodmage Thalnos and/or Azure Drake out in active play.
- All of your totems - including your hero power totems - contribute towards reducing the cost of Thing from Below.
- It's important to consider the positioning of Flametongue Totem carefully at all times. You may want to cycle its bonus effects through multiple minions as they trade into something bigger on the board.
- Once Tunnel Trogg is out on the board, any Overload plays you make will increase the Trogg's Attack value by that same Overload penalty effect.
- However minor your minions on the board may be, they all get a significant boost in attacking power once Bloodlust has been cast.
- Jade Claws and Jade Lightning both have Jade Golem synergy. The first Golem summoned will be a 1/1 minion, the second a 2/2, the third a 3/3 and so on. It's far from a pure Jade deck, but just be aware of the extra oomph this provides you with.
- Every time you tap your hero power while Thunder Bluff Valiant is out in play, your totems on the board gain strength.