Our Wild Dragon Priest deck guide features the best deck list for the current meta, with plenty of tips and crucial combos to consider too.
Wild Dragon Priest is a Hearthstone deck that exploits the many Dragon cards now available in the game - as well as the Priest's healing hero power - to make favourable trades on the board and then snowball a threat all the way towards the finishing line.
You've very little in the way of burst damage here, so it's all about sustaining and empowering your board presence throughout each match. AOE clears represent your biggest threats as a result, so always keep in mind at which stage of a match your opponent might be able to wipe the board - it can pay to hold something back.
Editor's note - May 2017: There are quite a few different Wild Dragon Priest deck lists being used right now, but we think this one's probably your best starting point. You won't need any of the new Un'Goro cards to make it work either!
BREAKING NEWS! - Don't miss our Journey to Un'Goro guide, which contains everything we know about the next expansion for Hearthstone!
Wild Dragon Priest deck list - Un'Goro
This is what we would consider to be the top Dragon Priest deck to use on the Wild ladder right now. There are some subtle variations available, but this is about as good a grounding as you could hope to have for the archetype.
|2 x Northshire Cleric||2 x Netherspite Historian||KAR|
|2 x Power Word: Shield||1 x Brann Bronzebeard||LOE|
|2 x Twilight Whelp||BRM||2 x Twilight Guardian||TGT|
|2 x Shadow Word: Pain||2 x Blackwing Corruptor||BRM|
|2 x Wyrmrest Agent||TGT||1 x Book Wyrm||KAR|
|2 x Kabal Talonpriest||MSG||1 x Ysera|
|2 x Shadow Word: Death|
|2 x Velen's Chosen||GVG|
|2 x Drakonid Operative||MSG|
|2 x Holy Nova|
|1 x Dragonfire Potion||MSG|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID:
(For general strategy advice, take a look at our comprehensive Dragon Priest deck list guide for the Standard format.)
More popular guides:
Wild Dragon Priest combos and synergies - Un'Goro
Here are some useful tips for blending together all of the cards available with this Wild Dragon Priest deck list:
- Blackwing Corruptor provides a very powerful three points of surprise damage, but only if you have another Dragon in your hand to trigger the effect.
- Likewise, Book Wyrm can be used to eliminate an enemy minion with three points of attacking power or less, if you have another Dragon to hand.
- Twilight Whelp, Twilight Guardian and Wyrmrest Agent receive some bonus stats - again - if you've got another Dragon available to play.
- Finally, Drakonid Operative will let you Discover a card from your opponent's decks if you've more Dragons to play with at the time. Netherspite Historian also lets you Discover a Dragon on the same basis.
- If you can lightly damage your own minions first, the combo effect of Holy Nova and Northshire Cleric can provide you with a very tasty amount of card draw.
- Velen's Chosen increases the strength of all your damage-dealing spells, while also beefing up a friendly minion of your choosing.
- If Brann Bronzebeard is out on the board, all of your subsequently played Battlecry cards will see their bonus effects go off twice. This card combos particularly nicely with Drakonid Operative.