Our Quest Paladin Hearthstone deck guide features the best deck list for the new Kobolds and Catacombs meta, with Mulligan advice, strategy tips, card combos and synergies.
Quest Paladin is a Hearthstone archetype that turns once again to The Last Kaleidosaur card from this year's first expansion. To make it a little stronger in Kobolds and Catacombs, we have Lynessa Sunsorrow now, who benefits immediately from all the buffs you've been applying in order to complete the Quest!
The first edition of our Quest Paladin guide is a little briefer than you might have come to expect from the site, but we wanted to make sure you had some form of the archetype to play with in the early days of the Kobolds meta. We've yet to know if this will even prove competitive in the long run, and we want to cover as much ground for you as we can at launch.
If the archetype takes off, we'll be sure to expand on all areas of this article considerably - thanks for your patience as we navigate the very busy first few days of the new meta!
Quest Paladin deck list and strategy
The following deck list was created by Brian Kibler for the Kobolds and Catacombs launch. As this deck list is refined over time, we'll update our recommendation and also make sure the rest of the guide takes those changes into account as well.
|2 x Adaptation||2 x Wild Pyromancer|
|2 x Blessing of Wisdom||2 x Acolyte of Pain|
|2 x Divine Strength||2 x Tar Creeper|
|2 x Righteous Protector|
|1 x The Last Kaleidosaur|
|1 x Equality|
|2 x Hydrologist|
|2 x Potion of Heroism|
|2 x Rallying Blade|
|2 x Blessing of Kings|
|2 x Silvermoon Portal|
|2 x Spikeridged Steed|
|1 x Sunkeeper Tarim|
|1 x Lynessa Sunsorrow|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAZ8FBPQFucECjMcC4+MCDa8H9gfdCvsM2a4C3a4CpLYCs8ECysMCiMcC2McC48sC7dICAA==
See the combo section at the bottom of this page for a general overview of how this deck plays out. In the next update we'll information for handling aggro and control opponents. Future updates will provide advice for handling specific match-ups.
Quest Paladin Mulligan guide
Once the launch meta has settled down we'll update this article with comprehensive Mulligan advice for setting up against each hero.
More great Paladin guides:
- 1. Recruit Paladin - Recruit Paladin deck list guide
- 2. Quest Paladin - Quest Paladin deck list guide
- 3. Murloc Paladin - Murloc Paladin deck list guide
- 4. Aggro Paladin - Aggro Paladin deck list guide
- 5. Hand Buff Paladin - Hand Buff Paladin deck list guide
- 6. Kobolds and Catacombs decks - Best Kobolds and Catacombs decks
- 7. Dungeon Run - Dungeon Run guide
Quest Paladin tips, combos and synergies
Here's a breakdown of all the combos contained in Brian Kibler's take on Quest Paladin in the Kobolds and Catacombs meta:
- Once you've cast six spells on your own minions, The Last Kaleidosaur Quest will complete and you'll gain a 5 Mana 5 /5 minion called Galvadon. When Galvadon's played, you'll be able to Adapt it a total of five times (see the bottom of this section for options in this regard).
- Wild Pyromancer followed by Equality will clear the board unless any Deathrattle minions are in play, or minions have been protected by Divine Shield.
- Every time Acolyte of Pain takes damage you'll draw an extra card from your deck pile.
- Tar Creeper's extra Attack only happens on the opponent's turn. It's important to see if you can set things up very unfavourably for the other player on your turn, by doing either complete or partial trading ahead of theirs.
- When you play Rallying Blade you'll grant any Divine Shield minions an extra +1 / +1 of stats. Make sure you play this weapon last if you have any relevant minions you want to get out on the board first.
- Here's the big one. When Lynessa Sunsorrow is put out onto the board she'll gain every single buffing spell you've applied to your other minions earlier on. Time to pray your opponent does not have a silencing effect for this...
- When Adaptation is cast on a minion you'll be able to choose from one of three buffs drawn from the following pool of boost options:
|Crackling Shield||Divine Shield|
|Flaming Claws||+3 Attack|
|Liquid Membrane||Can't be targeted by spells or Hero Powers|
|Living Spores||Deathrattle: Summon two 1/1 Plants|
|Rocky Carapace||+3 Health|
|Shrouding Mist||Stealth until your next turn|
|Volcanic Might||+1 / +1 stats|