Our Quest Hunter guide (The Marsh Queen) features the best deck list for Season 37, with Mulligan advice, strategy tips, card combos and synergies.
The Quest Hunter archetype is a new kind of deck for Hearthstone, and it's one that's structured around the new Legendary Quest card: The Marsh Queen. It's widely predicted to be one of the stronger new decks to hit the Un'Goro metagame, and it's well worth getting to grips with the fundamentals before either playing it yourselr - or facing it over and over again on the ladder...
As with all Un'Goro decks being tinkered with right now, we're firmly in the realm of speculation and theorycrafting at this moment in time, and even now that all the cards have been revealed. With that said, we wanted to highlight a deck that you can get started with if you're lucky with your pack openings this Friday, and it's been created by talented deck-smith Jeffrey 'Trump' Shih.
Expect many changes and optimisations in the weeks ahead, and be very careful spending your limited crafting dust. Some cards will inevitable prove less powerful in practise than they looked on paper. With that said and done, here's a quick runthrough all of the new cards that feature in this deck. Our card hover system for the new content will be up shortly, but in the meantime you can view a gallery of the new cards just below this list.
The Marsh Queen: The Quest card itself requires that you play 7 1-Cost minions. The reward for doing so is Queen Carnassa!
Queen Carnassa: A 5 Mana 8/8 monster that shuffles 15 Raptors into your deck when played.
Jeweled Macaw: A 1 Mana 1/1 that pops a random Beast into your hand.
Raptor Hatchling: A 1 Mana 2/1 with a Deathrattle that shuffles a 4/3 Raptor into your remaining deck pile.
Stampede: Costs 1 Mana and adds an extra Beast to your hand for each Beast you play on the same turn.
Tol'vir Warden: A 5 Mana 3/5 that draws a pair of 1-Mana minions from your deck into your hand when played.
Fire Fly: This 1 Mana 1/2 pops an extra 1/2 Elemental into your hand.
Ravasaur Runt: The Adapt mechanic will be applied to this card if you have 2 other minions out on the board.
Igneous Elemental: When this 3 Mana 2/3 dies, you'll get a pair of 1/2 Elementals added to your hand.
BREAKING NEWS! - Don't miss our round-up of the best Journey to Un'Goro decks, that are busting their way into the new metagame!
Quest Hunter (Marsh Queen) deck list and strategy
Here's Trump's first take on Quest Hunter. We'll stress again that this deck will go through many changes in the coming weeks - if not months - so be careful crafting expensive cards when the expansion goes live.
|2 x Alleycat||2 x Abusive Sergeant|
|2 x Fiery Bat||2 x Argent Squire|
|2 x Jeweled Macaw||2 x Fire Fly|
|2 x Raptor Hatchling||2 x Ravasaur Runt|
|2 x Stampede||2 x Igneous Elemental|
|1 x The Marsh Queen||2 x Cult Master|
|2 x Kill Command||1 x Genzo, the Shark|
|2 x Rat Pack|
|2 x Tol'vir Warden|
(Take a look at our Un'Goro crafting guide if you want to find out more about the selection process behind some of these cards.)
The strategy behind playing this deck is extremely simple. You want to get your Quest card played on Turn 1 of course, then simply get those 1 Mana minions fielded rapidly in order to unleash Queen Carnassa.
You should not struggle to do this with the many, many sources of cheap minions you have at your disposal. There's not much more to be said here really, so check the combo section further down the page for a breakdown of how you can actually achieve this.
More Journey to Un'Goro deck guides:
- 1. Asmodai's Hunter - Asmodai's Hunter deck list guide
- 2. Midrange Hunter - Midrange Hunter deck list guide
- 3. Face Hunter - Face Hunter deck list guide
- 4. N'Zoth Beast Hunter - N'Zoth Beast Hunter deck list guide
- 5. Best Hearthstone decks - The best Hearthstone decks - October 2017
- 6. Best Wild decks - The best Wild Hearthstone decks
- 7. Tier List - Hearthstone deck tier list
Quest Hunter (Marsh Queen) Mulligan guide
You'll automatically receive the Quest card in your starting hand, so simply dig for cheap minions that you can curve out with. Consider the impact and value of cards like Stampede, Fire Fly and Igneous Elemental while working through this decision-making progress - not to mention the availability or otherwise of The Coin.
We'll have hero-specific Mulligan advice for you once the metagame has settled down and we can give more precise advice about what you're likely to be facing.
Quest Hunter (Marsh Queen) tips, combos and synergies
Let's look at all of the combos you're going to need to exploit in order to make this deck list work:
- In their very basic forms, the following cards will count towards the Quest progress: Alleycat, Fiery Bat, Jeweled Macaw, Raptor Hatchling, Abusive Sergeant, Argent Squire and Firefly.
- You may wish to extract greater value from your deck by fielding the cheaper Beasts from the list above in conjunction with Stampede for further options.
- If you have a Beast active on the board (which should not be tricky with this deck...) then Kill Command will do 5 points of damage instead of just 3.
- Abusive Sergeant is not only good for buffing something up, it also counts towards your Quest progress at the same time. Make special note of this minion's interaction with Rat Pack.
- The Adapt process can make Ravasaur Runt much stronger. Check out our Adapt guide for more information on how this new mechanic works.
- If Cult Master is active on the board, she will grant you an extra card for each minion that perishes in battle.
- Genzo, the Shark can be very handy if you've run out of juice. We'll look into alternatives for this character when we come to put our budget version of this deck together.