Our Miracle Rogue deck list guide features the best deck list for Season 46 (January 2018). Our Miracle Rogue guide also contains Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
Miracle Rogue is a Hearthstone deck archetype that will be very familiar to those of you have have played the game since its very earliest days. The way this deck works is pretty simple on paper: control the early game by using minions and spells to efficiently clear the board, then feed spells into Gadgetzan Auctioneer so that you draw into a very healthy hand that's absolutely stuffed to the brim with damage potential.
From here, it's a case of obliterating the opponent's health pool into nothing, although in practice it's rarely so simple. We've compiled this Miracle Rogue guide to help you get started, although we should be clear in saying there's no substitute for hard experience when it comes to truly mastering this archetype. If you're looking for shortcuts for climbing the ladder faster, this is not the deck you need!
In our guide for the format we've got a very solid-looking Kobolds and Catacombs deck list for you, along with an overview of the strategy involved in playing it. After that we've got some important Mulligan tips, before we wrap things up with a look at all the combos you can play around with.
UPDATE - 10th JANUARY 2018
There have been a few changes to Miracle Rogue since the Christmas break, so be sure to update your in-game deck list. You'll find the new import code just below the deck overview below.
Miracle Rogue deck list and strategy
This is the version of Miracle Rogue that's currently finding most success on the Standard ladder at the start of 2018. We'll keep updating this recommended list as the meta evolves.
|2 x Backstab||1 x Patches the Pirate|
|2 x Counterfeit Coin||1 x Bloodmage Thalnos|
|2 x Preparation||2 x Gadgetzan Auctioneer|
|1 x Shadowstep|
|2 x Cold Blood|
|2 x Swashburglar|
|2 x Eviscerate|
|2 x Sap|
|2 x Shiv|
|1 x Edwin VanCleef|
|2 x Fan of Knives|
|2 x Elven Minstrel|
|2 x Fal'dorei Strider|
|1 x Leeroy Jenkins|
|1 x Vilespine Slayer|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAaIHBrIC7QKvBO0FkbwCgcICDLQBjALNA70EmwWIB6QHhgmStgL1uwLc0QLb4wIA
The Miracle Rogue concept revolves around building a deadly hand by fuelling your Gadgetzan Auctioneers, but the route you take to victory depends very much on the type of opponent your facing in any given match.
It takes a long time to build your finishing hand together, and so it is absolutely vital that you don't let aggressive opponents develop their board too much. In these matches removal is king, and you'll want to draw on all of your early removal spells to ensure that those middling minions of theirs don't end up dishing out a lot of damage over many turns.
In terms of your own early minions, it's Swashburglar (who'll hopefully pull Patches for you, as well as a free card) and Shiv who'll help support you in this mission for early control. If you can somehow weave together all of your cards so that you get a decent Edwin VanCleef on the board, you'll find things a lot less stressful. Just be wary of going all in on this card against slower opponents, as they'll likely have bags of removal.
New cards Fal'dorei Strider provides further sustenance on your path to victory, and will often provide you with the extra board presence you need to either finish the match, or stay in it with extra control options.
More great Rogue guides:
Miracle Rogue Mulligan guide
As we've already mentioned, removal is everything against aggro decks, and so you're always going to want to hold on to the likes of Backstab - Swashburglar too, as he's your sole Patches the Pirate enabler in this deck.
Other good keeps here include Edwin VanCleef and new card Fal'dorei Strider. Despite the latter card's high cost for the early game, the earlier those Ambushes get shuffled into your deck the likelier you are to benefit from them during the match.
Miracle Rogue tips, card combos and synergies
Here are the most important combos to be found in this Kobolds and Catacombs version of Miracle Rogue:
- Bloodmage Thalnos boosts the strength of every damage-dealing spell by 1. Consider cards like Backstab, Fan of Knives and Eviscerate in particular in the context of this booster.
- Edwin VanCleef grows in strength for each card you played ahead of him on the same turn. Be wary of over-committing strength to this one minion in an uncertain metagame.
- If Patches the Pirate is in your deck pile rather than your hand, Swashburglar will pull him into play. Don't forget to use this extra damage before hitting End Turn without thinking!
- When Gadgetzan Auctioneer is out on the board, you'll an extra card from your deck for each spell you cast. With the retirement of Conceal to the Hall of Fame, it's important you get plenty of value from this minion during the same turn he's played.
- Vilespine Splayer is capable of obliterating any enemy minion, but you must play another card first and on the same turn for the effect to go off.
- Other cards that require an earlier play on the same turn to provide their bonus effects are Elven Minstrel, Eviscerate and Cold Blood. Check the card details to get an understanding of the bonus effect in each case.