Our Control Jade Shaman deck guide features the best deck list for Season 40, with Mulligan advice, strategy tips, card combos and synergies.
Control Jade Shaman takes advantage of the many Jade-flavoured cards introduced with the Gadgetzan expansion in order to craft an intimidating army of increasingly powerful Golems. For those unfamiliar with how this process works, the first Jade Golem that's summoned will only have 1/1 stats, but the next will have 2/2, the one after that gets 3/3, and so on in this escalating fashion.
Those who are capable of careful planning and anticipation of possible opponent board clears will do particularly well with this deck, as it's important to time these summonings correctly, and ensure the creature lives to do decent work on the board. It takes a little experience to get to that point, but once you've mastered this timing process it's possible to entirely overwhelm the other player, and leave them scrabbling for answers at every stage.
In our Control Jade Shaman guide, we've got a breakdown of one of the best deck lists you can use for this archetype now, followed up with some basic Mulligan advice to ensure you get off to a solid start. Finally, and to help you understand the fundamental strategy behind playing this deck, we've got a list of all the most crucial combos that actually give the deck its bite.
Editor's note - July 2017: This is the pure version of Jade Shaman, compared with the Elemental Shaman that takes on a little extra Jade flavour. We've made no changes to our preferred deck list for the month of July, so simply carry on with it as you were!
Control Jade Shaman deck list and strategy - July 2017
Here's what we believe to be the best Control Jade Shaman deck list in usage right now:
|2 x Devolve||2 x Stonehill Defender|
|2 x Jade Claws|
|2 x Maelstrom Portal|
|2 x Hex|
|2 x Hot Spring Guardian|
|1 x Lightning Storm|
|2 x Mana Tide Totem|
|2 x Spirit Echo|
|2 x Jade Lightning|
|2 x Jade Spirit|
|2 x Jinyu Waterspeaker|
|2 x Volcano|
|1 x White Eyes|
|1 x Aya Blackpaw|
|2 x Thing from Below|
|1 x Jade Chieftain|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAaoIBPUEprwClL0C5rsCDfa9AtG8AqC2Av4Fh8QCgQSXxwKbwgKHvALPvALdugLHwQL7qgIA
More great Shaman guides:
- 1. Token Shaman - Token Shaman deck list guide
- 2. Elemental Shaman - Elemental Shaman deck list guide
- 3. Control Jade Shaman - Control Jade Shaman deck list guide
- 4. Best Standard decks - The best Standard Hearthstone decks
- 5. Best Wild decks - The best Wild Hearthstone decks
- 6. Tier List - Deck Tier List
Control Jade Shaman Mulligan guide - July 2017
Jade Claws is a great keep, as is Maelstrom Portal if you're sure you're up against an aggro opponent (in which case Lightning Storm also becomes easier to justify if it's happened into your hand). Other than that, Hot Spring Guardian or Stonehill Defender provide solid early-game presence.
Against slower opponents - and particularly if you have The Coin - it gets a lot easier to justify holding onto Jade Spirit or Jinyu Waterspeaker.
Control Jade Shaman tips, combos and synergies - July 2017
Try to make the following card combos and synergies part of your forward planning when playing this kind of Control Shaman:
- The first Jade Golem you summon has 1/1 stats, the second has 2/2, the third 3/3 and so on. The following cards all synergise with this mechanic: Jade Claws, Jade Lightning, Jade Spirit, Aya Blackpaw and Jade Chieftain.
- If you manage to roll a spell damage totem, then the following spell cards become more powerful as a result: Maelstrom Portal, Lightning Storm, Jade Lightning and Volcano.
- Every totem you produce via your hero power or a card like Mana Tide Totem will reduce the cost of Thing from Below.
- There are no guarantees, but casting Devolve followed by Lightning Storm will sometimes result in a board clear.