Our Jade Druid deck guide features the best deck list for Season 39, with Mulligan advice, strategy tips, card combos and synergies.
Jade Druid is a Hearthstone deck that actually shares quite a few things in common with the well-established ramp archetype that you might already be familiar with. This time around though - and as the name suggests - you've got some exciting new Jade Golem cards from the Mean Streets of Gadgetzan expansion to play around with as well. None of the new Un'Goro cards have made the cut at the time of publishing this guide, but that may well change.
First of all though, let's turn our focus to the signature cards that make this deck viable in the first place. Jade Blossom is a minion which both increases your Mana reserves further, and grants you an early Jade Golem. Jade Idol provides an equally useful early start too, but arguably works better in combination with Fandral Staghelm.
As for your other Jade cards (Jade Spirit, Aya Blackpaw and Jade Behemoth), they all strengthen your growing collection of increasingly powerful Golem minions too. As you'd expect, it's actually quite easy to very quickly build up a dominating board of Golems which your opponent should struggle to batter down.
In our guide to this powerful Hearthstone deck, we're going to kick things off with a closer look at of one of the most popular versions of the deck. Following that we've got a few important Mulligan tips to help you get off to the strongest start in every match. Finally, we finish things up with a teardown of all the most important combos and synergies available in this particular version of Jade Druid.
Editor's note - June Update #1: Our recommended Jade Druid deck list for Season 39 remains the same as last month's so simply carry on as you were on the new ladder! It seems as though things have stabilised pretty hard for this arcehtype in Un'Goro, but do let us know in the comments if you've stumbled across a particular powerful version of this old favourite.
BREAKING! - Make sure you cast your vote for the best Hearthstone expansion so far in our community poll.
Jade Druid deck list and strategy - June 2017
Jade Druid survived the transition into the Un'Goro metagame in very good shape, and we recommend making use of JustSaiyan's deck list in the current metagame.
|2 x Innervate||1 x Gluttonous Ooze|
|2 x Earthen Scales||1 x Tar Creeper|
|2 x Jade Idol||2 x Gadgetzan Auctioneer|
|2 x Wild Growth||2 x Primordial Drake|
|2 x Wrath|
|2 x Feral Rage|
|2 x Jade Blossom|
|1 x Fandral Staghelm|
|2 x Jade Spirit|
|2 x Swipe|
|2 x Nourish|
|1 x Aya Blackpaw|
|2 x Jade Behemoth|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAZICBK6rApS9AsrDAtPFAg1AX/4BxAakB+QIvqsCtLsCy7wCz7wC3b4C+cACyccCAA==
The signature cards in this deck all support the summoning of your Jade Golems. While the first of these creatures brought into play will only have weak 1/1 stats, the second will be a 2/2, the third a 3/3 and so on ad infinitum as each game plays out.
As a result of these shifting stats, it's incredibly important that you anticipate your opponent's possible removal or AOE clear options in the next few turns, so that you summon these creatures at a size that will make life as difficult as possible for the opponent to deal with.
It's not always easy to do this, but familiarity with the latest shifts in the broader Hearthstone metagame will give you a powerful advantage here. The more you play it, the more you'll understand this deck's incredible strengths and inevitable weaknesses.
Although this video is a couple of months old now - and so is unlikely to use an identical deck list to the one we highlight - we recommend taking some time to study a few games in action.
Trump's one of our favourite Hearthstone players and streamers, and you should watch this video all the way to the end - it'll be fifteen minutes very well spent if you want to get serious about using Jade Druid on the ladder.
More great Druid guides:
Jade Druid Mulligan guide - June 2017
The Mulligan process for Jade Druid is really quite simple and varies little between individual match-ups
In general, you are always going to benefit from keeping cards like Innervate, Wild Growth and Jade Blossom. The ramp effect of Wild Growth in particular - across the remainder of the match - is just too good to pass up.
Against aggro opponents in particular though, you'll get more value than usual from Wrath. You may be able to ping a minion off the board altogether, and bag yourself an extra card in the process.
Here's some hero-specific Mulligan advice you might want to keep in mind.
- Druid - Innervate, Jade Idol, Wild Growth
- Hunter - Innervate, Jade Idol, Wild Growth
- Mage - Innervate, Wild Growth, Jade Blossom
- Paladin - Innervate, Jade Idol, Wild Growth, Wrath
- Priest - Innervate, Wild Growth, Jade Blossom
- Rogue - Innervate, Wild Growth, Jade Blossom
- Shaman - Innervate, Wild Growth, Jade Blossom, Wrath
- Warlock - Innervate, Wild Growth, Jade Blossom, Wrath
- Warrior - Innervate, Jade Idol, Wild Growth, Wrath
Jade Druid tips, combos and synergies - June 2017
Even if you've played this deck before, it never hurts to take a refresher course on all of the core combos involved:
- Each spell in the deck - however little it costs - will cause an active Gadgetzan Auctioneer to pop an extra card into your hand. With your Mana-boosting spells, you can make some massive plays on a single turn if you line things up nicely.
- If the card you want to play features the Choose One mechanic, then you'll actually receive the benefit of both options as long as Fandral Staghelm is alive and out on the board. Make sure you plan out your turn carefully as a result of this powerful potential synergy.
- There are five cards with Jade Golem synergy in this deck list: Jade Idol, Jade Blossom, Jade Spirit, Aya Blackpaw and Jade Behemoth. Your first Jade Golem will be a 1/1 minion, but each subsequently summoned Golem will gain +1/+1 stats.
- Earthen Scales will allow you to boost up the stats of a targeted minion, then apply the Attack value of that minion to your health as Armour.