Our Kazakus N'Zoth Highlander Priest deck guide features the best deck list for Season 41, with Mulligan advice, strategy tips, card combos and synergies.
Highlander Priest was a relatively new Hearthstone archetype to hit the Un'Goro metagame, and is widely tipped to do well in the Frozen Throne era. It's stuffed to the brim with removal options, while key card Raza the Chained ensures a steady stream of free healing is available to you throughout the match. Survive to the end-game, and you've got cards like N'Zoth the Corruptor who'll summon a feast of expired Deathrattle minions back onto the board.
It's not a particularly easy deck to play well, but our Highlander Priest guide contains one of the best deck lists you can make use of right now. We've also got some advice for surviving the Mulligan phase, and a completely breakdown of all the card synergies contained in this particular version of the deck.
FROZEN THRONE UPDATE
We're looking to TicTac's early take on Highlander Priest for the earliest stages of the Frozen Throne meta. Please kind in mind though that this is a deck with a lot of cards in it which only increases the odds that there'll be some pricey ones which don't make the cut.
We'll be monitoring this one closely and will update our recommended deck list if we think there's a better one you should be playing!
Our Frozen Throne: Best Decks and Guides hub contains everything you need to get stuck into the new meta!
Frozen Throne Highlander Priest deck list and strategy
This sort of deck is always going to be subject to a lot of variation, but you should find this to be a pretty strong Highlander Priest deck list:
|1 x Crystalline Oracle||1 x Bloodmage Thalnos|
|1 x Northshire Cleric||1 x Gluttonous Ooze|
|1 x Potion of Madness||1 x Happy Ghoul|
|1 x Power Word: Shield||1 x Stonehill Defender|
|1 x Radiant Elemental||1 x Barnes|
|1 x Shadow Visions||1 x Kazakus|
|1 x Shadow Word: Pain||1 x Elise the Trailblazer|
|1 x Spirit Lash||1 x Cairne Bloodhoof|
|1 x Shadow Word: Death||1 x The Lich King|
|1 x Eternal Servitude||1 x Tortollan Primalist|
|1 x Greater Healing Potion||1 x N'Zoth, the Corruptor|
|1 x Priest of the Feast|
|1 x Holy Nova|
|1 x Raza the Chained|
|1 x Cabal Shadow Priest|
|1 x Dragonfire Potion|
|1 x Embrace Darkness|
|1 x Shadowreaper Anduin|
|1 x Obsidian Statue|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAa0GHpACpAPlBO0FyQbTCtcK8gzgrAKStAKFuAKDuwK1uwK3uwLYuwLqvwLRwQLVwQLYwQKbwgKwwgLTxQLPxwLlzALmzAKfzgLCzgLwzwKQ0wL84QIAAA==
Your objective here is simple on paper but a little trickier in the live game, as you have to be careful to use the right removal option on the right target. In broad terms though, you want to focus on clearing down the enemy's board in the early game, before gradually building out a presence of your own from the mid-game onwards.
As we've mentioned already this is quite tricky to achieve, and you'll need a solid understanding of the current metagame if you're to prosper with what is something of a low tier deck! Study the combo section further down the page for a better idea of what to expect when playing Highlander Priest.
More great Priest guides:
- 1. Dragon Priest - Frozen Throne Dragon Priest deck list guide
- 2. Highlander Priest - Frozen Throne Highlander Priest deck list guide
- 3. Big Priest - Big Priest deck list guide
- 4. Silence Priest - Silence Priest deck list guide
- 5. Best Standard decks - The best Standard Hearthstone decks
- 6. Best Wild decks - The best Wild Hearthstone decks
- 7. Tier List - Deck Tier List
Frozen Throne Highlander Priest Mulligan guide
Cards like Radiant Elemental, Shadow Visions, Shadow Word: Pain, Shadow Word: Death, Gluttonous Ooze and Stonehill Defender are going to be important keeps in just about any match-up.
Once the Frozen Throne meta has been established we'll have hero-specific advice for you to follow.
Frozen Throne Highlander Priest tips, combos and synergies
These are the most important card combos you need to be thinking about when playing this particular version of Highlander Priest:
- Bloodmage Thalnos increases the output of all your damage-dealing spells by an extra point of damage.
- When Gluttonous Ooze is played against an opponent wielding a weapon, they'll lose it and you'll gain Armor equal to its Attack value.
- Any healing effects that are applied to your hero will result in Happy Ghoul costing zero Mana to play on the same turn!
- If you can inflict a little damage against your own minions before casting Holy Nova and Northshire Cleric together, you can gain a seriously hefty number of cards for your hand.
- Your spells become cheaper by one Mana for as long as Radiant Elemental remains out on the board. Most notably, this means that the following cards will cost absolutely nothing: Binding Heal, Potion of Madness and Power Word: Shield.
- Every spell you cast while Priest of the Feast is on the board will cause three points of Health to be restored to your hero.
- Take a look at our Kazakus guide for more details on how to craft potions with this character.
- Don't forget that Dragonfire Potion affects your own non-Dragon minions as well as the opponent's!
- When N'Zoth, the Corruptor is put into play, he'll flood the board with Deathrattle minions that expired earlier on in the match.
- The Lich King rewards you with a Death Knight card at the end of each of your turns. It'll be one of the following eight:
|2||Death Coil||Deal 5 damage to an enemy, or restore 5 Health to a friendly character.|
|2||Death Grip||Steal a minion from your opponent's deck and add it to your hand.|
|2||Obliterate||Destroy a minion. Your hero takes damage equal to its Health.|
|3||Death and Decay||Deal 3 damage to all enemies.|
|4||Anti-Magic Shell||Give your minions +2 / +2 and “Can't be targeted by spells or Hero Powers.”|
|5||Doom Pact||Destroy all minions. Remove the top card from your deck for each minion destroyed.|
|6||Army of the Dead||Remove the top 5 cards of your deck. Summony any minions removed.|
|7||Frostmourne||Deathrattle: Summon every minion killed by this [5 / 3] weapon.|