Our Hand Buff Paladin deck list guide outlines the best deck for Kobolds and Catacombs. This Hand Buff Paladin guide also contains Mulligan advice, strategy tips, card combos and synergies.
Hand Buff Paladin is a Hearthstone deck that makes use of a number of cards from the Mean Streets of Gadgetzan expansion in order to buff your entire hand when played. In this way, you hope to be able to field a much tougher board of minions that your opponent will struggle to field a defense force of their own against.
In our guide to playing this archetype, we've got an outline of the best deck list for this stage of the Kobolds and Catacombs meta, as well as a few tips on Mulliganing your opening hand correctly. If the deck proves popular we'll expand on our strategy section of this guide. Until then, you'll find much of the advice about playing it in the tips and combos section at the bottom of this article.
KOBOLDS AND CATACOMBS UPDATE #2
We've moved our launch deck list into its proper slot in the guide and also tidied up the rest of the advice so it now matches the deck we've highlighted. As with all of our Kobolds guides this will be updated continuously over time - it's far from done!
Hand Buff Paladin deck list and strategy
Savjz created a version of Hand Buff Paladin specifically for the start of the Kobolds meta, and it's his deck that we're highlight in our first update. Expect more changes in the coming days and weeks, especially if this deck proves competitive (finally).
|2 x Smuggler's Run||1 x Runic Egg|
|2 x Equality||1 x Bloodmage Thalnos|
|2 x Potion of Heroism||2 x Dirty Rat|
|1 x Rallying Blade||2 x Doomsayer|
|2 x Call to Arms||2 x Loot Hoarder|
|1 x Consecration||2 x Acolyte of Pain|
|1 x Blessed Champion||2 x Saronite Chain Gang|
|2 x Grimestreet Enforcer||2 x Doppelgangster|
|1 x Val'anyr||1 x Leeroy Jenkins|
|1 x Don Han'Cho|
Deck Import ID:
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
More Paladin guides:
- 1. Aggro Paladin - Aggro Paladin deck list guide
- 2. Murloc Paladin - Murloc Paladin deck list guide
- 3. Control Paladin - Control Paladin deck list guide
- 4. Midrange Paladin - Midrange Paladin deck list guide
- 5. Kobolds and Catacombs decks - Best Kobolds and Catacombs decks
- 6. Dungeon Run - Dungeon Run guide
Hand Buff Paladin Mulligan guide
Once the meta has settled down we'll be restating our Mulligan advice. This is a radically different version of an old deck, and until we know what you're facing on the ladder it's hard to give even general advice. Check back shortly for a big update on this front.
Hand Buff Paladin tips, combos and synergies
Here are the combos you need to think about while playing Savjz's version of Hand Buff Paladin.
- When Smuggler's Run is cast, all minions in your hand at the time will gain an extra +1 / +1 of stats.
- Rallying Blade has stat-boosting synergy with your Potion of Heroism card which grants the Divine Shield effect to a targeted minion.
- Call to Arms is a cool new card that summons a total of three two-cost minions onto the board when played. We're a little concerned about the impact of Doomsayer here, but we'll see what the revised deck list looks like in the next update.
- If he's still out on the board at the end of your turn, Grimestreet Enforcer will grant every minion in your hand +1 / +1 of stats. This effect can be triggered across multiple turns if the minion remains active.
- Equality and Consecration is the standard board-clear for Paladin and it's present and correct in this version of Hand Buff Paladin.
- Val'anyr is your new Legendary Weapon. When you spend the last charge of it (or it's destroyed by the opponent), a randomly selected minion in your hand will receive +2 / +2 of stats. When that minion is destroyed, Val'anyr gets equipped once again and the cycle continues - very nice!
- Don Han'Cho has some amazing targets in this deck, such as Saronite Chain Gaing, Doppelgangster and Leeroy Jenkins. If any of these go off your odds of winning just went up dramatically.