Our Frozen Throne Tempo Warrior deck guide features the best deck list for Season 41, with Mulligan advice, strategy tips, combos and synergies.
Tempo Warrior is a Hearthstone deck that's appeared in the game before, but has been largely absent for more than a year now. The launch of Knights of the Frozen Throne has introduced a few very interesting new cards for this format, however, and so we're expecting to see quite a few versions of this deck during the new meta.
In our Tempo Warrior guide we've got a solid early meta deck list that we think should give you a strong start with the format, and we've also broken the deck down into all its constituent combos. Careful study of these before you hit the ladder will give you the grounding you need to start mastering the ins and outs of playing the archetype. Although it's early days, we've also got some general Mulligan advice that should help you get off to a strong start.
Note that the earlyeditions of our deck guides are always smaller than some you'll be familiar with. At the start of a new expansion there's always a huge amount of ground to cover, and we want to get as many options in front of you as we can. In the days and weeks following launch, we'll have lots of updates to the most popular decks, expanding on every section considerably.
In the meantime, we'd love to hear of your own tips for playing this deck in the comments. Tried a different version and found more success with it? Let us know!
Our Frozen Throne: Best Decks and Guides hub contains everything you need to get stuck into the new meta!
Frozen Throne Tempo Warrior deck list and strategy
Although it's subject to change, this is a very sturdy Tempo Warrior deck list that should let you experience the deck in the new meta without throwing huge amounts of crafting dust around!
|2 x Animated Berserker||2 x Acolyte of Pain|
|2 x Armorsmith||1 x Cairne Bloodhoof|
|2 x Battle Rage||1 x The Black Knight|
|2 x Execute||2 x Bonemare|
|2 x Fiery War Axe||1 x The Lich King|
|2 x Slam|
|2 x Frothing Berserker|
|2 x Ravaging Ghoul|
|2 x Blood Razor|
|2 x Bloodhoof Brave|
|2 x Kor'kron Elite|
|1 x Grommash Hellscream|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAQcE0gKkA/gMws4CDRyQA5ED1ASOBZEGsgj7DIKtAtKuAszNAqbOArrOAgA=
Take a look at the combo section towards the bottom of the page for an overview of how this deck actually plays out. We'll be back with advice for handling specific ladder opponents once the shape of the meta is clearer.
More great Warrior guides:
- 1. Pirate Warrior - Frozen Throne Pirate Warrior deck list guide
- 2. Control Warrior - Frozen Throne Control Warrior deck list guide
- 3. Blood Warrior - Frozen Throne Blood Warrior deck list guide
- 4. Tempo Warrior - Frozen Throne Tempo Warrior deck list guide
- 5. Dragon Warrior - Frozen Throne Dragon Warrior deck list guide
- 5. Top Standard decks - Top Hearthstone decks
- 6. Best Wild decks - The best Wild Hearthstone decks
- 7. Tier List - Deck Tier List
Frozen Throne Tempo Warrior Mulligan guide
We hope to have some hero-specific card keeps for you when we next update this deck guide, but in general you will gain a lot of value out of cards like Fiery War Axe (nothing changes...!), Frothing Berserker, Ravaging Ghoul and Bloodhoof Brave.
Frozen Throne Tempo Warrior tips, combos and synergies
Here's a card by card look at all of the combos you can weave together to get ahead with Tempo Warrior:
- For each minion that takes damage, Armorsmith will grant you a point of Armor. Consider how cards like Ravaging Ghoul, Slam and Blood Razor can be used in this context.
- Play Battle Rage and you'll gain a card for each damaged minion on the board. You can set up a big draw using cards like Ravaging Ghoul, Blood Razor, or even the new hero power granted by Scourgelord Garrosh. This does one point of damage to every minion on the board when activated.
- Even the slightest bit of damage will bring an enemy minion into the range of Execute, so think about how your “ping” spells can be combined for a quick removal of a big problem.
- When Scourgelord Garrosh is played, you'll receive a 4 / 3 weapon. When you attack a minion with this blade, it will also do damage to the minions adjacent to the target.
- Every time a friendly or enemy minion takes damage, Frothing Berserker gains a point of Attack.
- When damaged, Bloodhoof Brave gains three permanent extra points of Attack but the effect doesn't stack - it's strictly a one-off bonus.
- New card Animated Berserker has synergy with all of your Enrage cards if you can get it on the board first. Think of cards like Frothing Berserker, Bloodhoof Brave and Grommash Hellscream in this context.
- Always keep in mind that your AOE and ping effects can be used to get additional cards out of Acolyte of Pain.
- The Black Knight is a tech card to help you smash through a late-game Taunt card. There's a lot of The Lich King about in particular, so consider holding onto this one for the late-game.
- Grommash Hellscream gains six extra points of Attack when tapped with one of your many self-damage spells. He can also attack on the same turn he's played - a potential ten points of game-ending damage in one fell swoop!
- At the end of each turn The Lich King will place a randomly selection Death Knight card into your hand. There are eight options in total - here's the pool of cards:
|2||Death Coil||Deal 5 damage to an enemy, or restore 5 Health to a friendly character.|
|2||Death Grip||Steal a minion from your opponent's deck and add it to your hand.|
|2||Obliterate||Destroy a minion. Your hero takes damage equal to its Health.|
|3||Death and Decay||Deal 3 damage to all enemies.|
|4||Anti-Magic Shell||Give your minions +2 / +2 and “Can't be targeted by spells or Hero Powers.”|
|5||Doom Pact||Destroy all minions. Remove the top card from your deck for each minion destroyed.|
|6||Army of the Dead||Remove the top 5 cards of your deck. Summony any minions removed.|
|7||Frostmourne||Deathrattle: Summon every minion killed by this [5 / 3] weapon.|