Our Frozen Throne Hand Buff Paladin deck guide features the best deck list for Season 41, with Mulligan advice, strategy tips, card combos and synergies.
Hand Buff Paladin is a Hearthstone deck that uses a number of cards from the Mean Streets of Gadgetzan expansion to buff your entire hand when played. In this way, you hope to be able to field a much tougher board of minions that your opponent will struggle to field an equal defense force of their own against.
In our guide to playing this archetype, we've got a deck list for the start of the Frozen Throne meta, as well as a few tips on Mulliganing your opening hand correctly. We'll be adding greater strategy advice to this article once the meta is properly underway, and the deck has proven its worth in the competitive roster. Until then, you'll find much of the advice about playing it in the tips and combos section at the bottom of this article.
Note that the first deck list we're highlighting is based on a bit of pre-release theory work by streamer Trump. Expect this deck to go through many revisions in the next few days and weeks, so be wary of crafting some of the more expensive cards - there are always a few that fall out of favour once the early rush of launch excitement is behind us!
Our Frozen Throne: Best Decks and Guides hub contains everything you need to get stuck into the new meta!
Frozen Throne Hand Buff Paladin deck list and strategy
Here's Trump's early take on Hand Buff Paladin. We'll be monitoring this deck closely in the early days of the meta and will make any adjustments that seem sensible!
|1 x Righteous Protector||2 x Stonehill Defender|
|2 x Smuggler's Run||2 x Corpsetaker|
|2 x Grimestreet Outfitter||2 x Saronite Chain Gang|
|2 x Hydrologist||2 x Doppelgangster|
|2 x Aldor Peacekeeper||1 x Stampeding Kodo|
|1 x Wickerflame Burnbristle||1 x The Curator|
|2 x Chillblade Champion||1 x Primordial Drake|
|1 x Bolvar, Fireblood|
|2 x Grimestreet Enforcer|
|2 x Spikeridged Steed|
|1 x Sunkeeper Tarim|
|1 x Tirion Fordring|
Deck Import ID:
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
If this deck proves popular in the Frozen Throne metagame we'll add a big section here outlining the strategy involved. To get started with the deck now though, check out all of the combo tips at the bottom of this page. They contain all of the insight you need to start playing the deck at this stage of the meta.
More Paladin guides:
- 1. Aggro Paladin - Frozen Throne Aggro Paladin deck list guide
- 2. Control Paladin - Frozen Throne Control Paladin deck list guide
- 3. Hand Buff Paladin - Frozen Throne Hand Buff Paladin deck list guide
- 4. Murloc Paladin - Frozen Throne Murloc Paladin deck list guide
- 5. Midrange Paladin - Frozen Throne Midrange Paladin deck list guide
- 6. Exodia Paladin - Frozen Throne Exodia Paladin deck list guide
- 7. Top Hearthstone decks - Top Hearthstone decks - August 2017
Frozen Throne Hand Buff Paladin Mulligan guide
Until the Frozen Throne metagame has been established we can't give in-depth Mulligan advice, but there are some pointers from the last meta that carry over neatly enough.
You main objective is to start fielding a board nice and early on, using cards like Smuggler's Run and Grimestreet Outfitter to start buffing your hand - assuming you have at least a couple of minions to receive the benefit, that is.
Hydrologist lets you discover a Secret, and what you pick will depend on what you have on the board. If you've got a buffing minion out then you probably want to keep Getaway Kodo, for example, but we'll expand on this section when the meta settles down.
Hand Buff Paladin tips, combos and synergies
Here are the combos you need to think about while playing this deck:
- Corpsetaker gains Taunt, Divine Shield, Lifesteal and Windfury if another minion in your deck possesses those qualities.
- If Doppelgangster has been buffed, then all of the creatures that spawn will have those buffed stats, not just the vanilla minion.
- You can use Aldor Peacekeeper to bring a target within range of Stampeding Kodo's removal Battlecry.
- If you've any Murlocs, Dragons or Beasts remaining in your deck pile, The Curator will add one of each - randomly selected - to your hand when the card is played.
- Whenever a minion with Divine Shield loses its bubble, Bolvar, Fireblood will gain an extra two points of Attack power. He'll also gain this extra damage when his own shield pops - soemthing to keep in mind.
- If he's still out on the board at the end of your turn, Grimestreet Enforcer will grant every minion in your hand +1 / +1 of stats. This effect can trigger multiple times across multiple turns.
- A minion targeted with Spikeridged Steed will spit out a 2 / 6 Taunt minion on death, which can be very painful for your opponent to have to deal with.
- When Sunkeeper Tarim is played, every minion - friendly or otherwise - will have their stats reset to 3 / 3. If you've a wider board than the opponent, this means you can trade off and still have control of the board.