Our Demon Warlock deck guide features the best deck list for Season 42, with Mulligan advice, strategy tips, combos and synergies.
Demon Warlock is a Hearthstone deck that makes heavy use of both Demon, discard and Lifesteal keywords to pack an intimidating punch on the Frozen Throne ladder. Although you need a few rather expensive cards, we suspect it's going to prove quite popular in the Frozen Throne meta, and seems like a pretty consistent way of climbing the ladder.
In our started guide to this new archetype, we've got a deck list that's altready been taken to Legend by one of the pros, and also broken down the combos it contains. This should give you all the tips, tricks and tools you need to get started with it in the launch window of the new meta.
In order to get as many of the new meta decks in front of you as possible, the first edition of our guides are a little smaller than usual. If the decks take off though, we will significantly expand on all aspects of every one over time.
Our Frozen Throne: Best Decks and Guides hub contains everything you need to get stuck into the new meta!
Demon Warlock deck list and strategy
Here's the version of Demon Warlock that was used by Thijs to hit Legend right at the start of the Frozen Throne meta. Keep in mind that this deck list will go through many changes in the coming weeks, so watch what you spend your precious dust on!
|2 x Malchezaar's Imp||1 x Bloodmage Thalnos|
|2 x Soulfire||2 x Tainted Zealot|
|2 x Voidwalker||1 x Earthen Ring Farseer|
|2 x Darkshire Librarian||2x Happy Ghoul|
|2 x Defile||1 x Prince Valanar|
|2 x Drain Soul||1 x The Lich King|
|1 x Blood-Queen Lana'thel|
|2 x Despicable Dreadlord|
|2 x Doomguard|
|2 x Siphon Soul|
|2 x Abyssal Enforcer|
|1 x Bloodreaver Gul'dan|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAf0GBpfTAsLOArjQAp7iAvMM7QUM3bwCzAj3BPfNAp/OApfoAqLNAufL Aq+sAjDOB7y2AgA=
For an overview of the strategy required when playing Demon Warlock, take a look at the combo section further down the page. This contains all of the information you need to know about how the various cards synergise with one another.
If this deck proves popular in the metagame, we will provide in-depth information about how to pilot this archetype against all of the opponents you are likely to face on the Frozen Throne ladder.
More great Warlock guides:
Demon Warlock Mulligan guide - August 2017
Demon Warlock tips, combos and synergies
Here's a complete breakdown of all the card combos contained in this version of Demon Warlock. This should be enough to get you going on the ladder!
- If you discard a card while Malchezaar's Imp is out on the board, he'll draw a replacement card from your deck and pop it in your hand. The following cards interact with the imp in this way: Soulfire, Darkshire Librarian and Doomguard.
- In a connected fashion, Blood-Queen Lana'thel gains an extra point of Attack power for each card you discarded earlier on in the match.
- Both Bloodmage Thalnos and Tainted Zealout boost the strength of the following spells: Defile, Drain Soul and Soulfire.
- Note that Defile's damage is applied to all minions, and it's cast again and again for each minion it kills in a sequential fashion.
- Drain Soul doesn't just damage a target, it also restores two Health to your hero thanks to its Lifesteal effect.
- When Bloodreaver Gul'dan is played onto the board, he'll flood your side of the table with Demon minions that died earlier on in the match! The following cards are classified as Demons in this deck: Malchezaar's Imp, Voidwalker, Despicable Dreadlord, Doomguard and Abyssal Enforcer.
- Happy Ghoul costs zero Mana to play if you healed yourself on the same turn. Cards that can enable this are Earthen Ring Farseer, Drain Soul, Blood-Queen Lana'thel and Siphon Soul.
- Prince Valanar always gains his extra stats in this version of the deck, as he's the only four Mana minion in it!
- If The Lich King is alive at the end of your turn, he'll pop a random Death Knight card into your hand. There are eight of them in total:
|2||Death Coil||Deal 5 damage to an enemy, or restore 5 Health to a friendly character.|
|2||Death Grip||Steal a minion from your opponent's deck and add it to your hand.|
|2||Obliterate||Destroy a minion. Your hero takes damage equal to its Health.|
|3||Death and Decay||Deal 3 damage to all enemies.|
|4||Anti-Magic Shell||Give your minions +2 / +2 and “Can't be targeted by spells or Hero Powers.”|
|5||Doom Pact||Destroy all minions. Remove the top card from your deck for each minion destroyed.|
|6||Army of the Dead||Remove the top 5 cards of your deck. Summony any minions removed.|
|7||Frostmourne||Deathrattle: Summon every minion killed by this [5 / 3] weapon.|