Our Frozen Throne Blood Warrior deck guide features the best deck list for Season 41, with Mulligan advice, strategy tips, combos and synergies.
Blood Warrior is a Hearthstone deck archetype that's been explored in the past but has only now really come to the fore with the release of Knights of the Frozen Throne. The core idea of this deck is that you use all manner of minor self-damage spells and minions to damage your minions in order to create new versions of them that you can then play out once more.
In our guide to playing this exciting new kind of deck, we're making use of Dog's version which he used to reach Legend with very quickly. Alongside the deck list we've also got a teardown of how all of the cards in this deck interact with one another. It's really important that you understand how all of these work, as they're key to achieving a consistent win-rate.
If this deck takes off in popularity we'll expand on every section in greater depth, but for now we hope you find it a fun deck to get going with in the Frozen Throne meta. Share your own thoughts about playing it with us in the comments.
Our Frozen Throne: Best Decks and Guides hub contains everything you need to get stuck into the new meta!
Frozen Throne Blood Warriors deck list and strategy
Here's Dog's version of Blood Warriors which was used to reach Legend very early on in the Frozen Throne meta.
|2 x Blood To Ichor||1 x Wild Pyromancer|
|2 x Whirlwind||2 x Acolyte of Pain|
|2 x Battle Rage||2 x Arcane Giant|
|2 x Commanding Shout|
|2 x Dead Man's Hand|
|2 x Execute|
|1 x Fiery War Axe|
|1 x Public Defender|
|2 x Slam|
|2 x Sleep with the Fishes|
|1 x Blood Warriors|
|2 x Shield Block|
|1 x Blood Razor|
|2 x Alley Armorsmith|
|1 x Scourgelord Garrosh|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAQcGn9MCzM0CwK8C9gesuwKRAwyCtAL/B/sMxsMCsgiRBo7OAoIIkAP+ vAL8BIawAgA=
Refer to the combo section of this article for tips on how to actually play this kind of deck. If this deck proves popular - and once the meta has settled down - we'll revisit this part of our guide with comprehensive match-up advice to help you beat specific opponents.
More great Warrior guides:
- 1. Pirate Warrior - Frozen Throne Pirate Warrior deck list guide
- 2. Control Warrior - Frozen Throne Control Warrior deck list guide
- 3. Blood Warrior - Frozen Throne Blood Warrior deck list guide
- 4. Tempo Warrior - Frozen Throne Tempo Warrior deck list guide
- 5. Dragon Warrior - Frozen Throne Dragon Warrior deck list guide
- 5. Top Standard decks - Top Hearthstone decks
- 6. Best Wild decks - The best Wild Hearthstone decks
- 7. Tier List - Deck Tier List
Frozen Throne Freeze Shaman Mulligan guide - August 2017
Against aggressive opponents, prioritise cards which afford rapid and efficient removal such as our old friend Fiery War Axe, Blood To Ichor, Whirlwind and also Sleep with the Fishes. In control match-ups it's more important that you draw into your key cards, so look for cards such as Slam and Acolyte of Pain - value your axe too though, as there'll be something you need to get rid of.
Frozen Throne Freeze Shaman tips, combos and synergies - August 2017
Here's how all of the cards in this deck actually combo together. Let us know your own tips for playing this deck in the comments!
- If Blood To Ichor's target survives the encounter, you'll receive a 2 / 2 minion on the board.
- Mass damage spells like Whirlwind are a great way of increasing the number of cards you can draw from Battle Rage.
- Commanding Shout can be used to ensure that no matter how much AOE is cast, your minions are guaranteed to survive. This also plays in with Battle Rage as outlined above.
- An enemy minion only needs to take the smallest amount of damage to be brought into range of Execute. The following spells help you quickly achieve this: Blood To Ichor, Whirlwind and Slam. The Battlecry and Deathrattle of Blood Razor also applies here, of course.
- Any damaged minions on the board will receive another three points of damage when Sleep with the Fishes is cast.
- If the targeted minion survives your use of Slam, you'll draw a card into your hand.
- If you can damage all of your own minions with your various spells, you'll be able to add a copy of each one to your hand with Blood Warriors.
- You can take all of the minor damage spells we've discussed in this section and combine them with Acolyte of Pain for some very useful card draw.
- Your Arcane Giants cost one less for each spell you've cast during the game.
- Scourgelord Garrosh is your new Death Knight card, and grants you a 4 / 3 weapon that also damages the minions adjacent to your target. You also get a new hero power which does one point of damage to all minions.