Our Control Warlock deck list guide outlines the best deck for Kobolds and Catacombs. This Control Warlock guide also contains Mulligan advice, strategy tips, card combos and synergies.
Control Warlock is a Hearthstone deck that packs in a whole heap of cards from the most recent expansions to provide board clear options at just about every stage of the game, before building up to a big finish in the late-game. It's a mix of old and new here, and it features a little bit of Handlock with an awful lot of intimidating end-game options to frustrate your opponent with.
In the next of our Kobolds and Catacombs guides, we've got a powerful Control Warlock deck list for you to get started with, and some Mulligan advice for starting each match on the right foot. We'll be expanding on the strategy section a great deal if this archetype takes off, but you'll find loads of useful insight in the mean time by studying the combo tips section towards the bottom of the article.
If you have any questions about playing this archetype, let us know in the comments and we'll do our best to help you out!
KOBOLDS AND CATACOMBS UPDATE #2
We've now properly worked StanCifka's launch Control Warlock into this article and updated all of the tips associated with it. We're going to do a second pass of all the most popular decks on Monday morning, so you're using the most relevant lists. Thanks for your patience as we transition Metabomb into the new expansion.
Control Warlock deck list and strategy
Below you'll find a Control Warlock deck list that was created by StanCifka ahead of launch. It's subject to change so don't craft anything too hastily - we'll have a new update for you soon.
|2 x Kobold Librarian||2 x Mistress of Mixtures|
|2 x Mortal Coil||1 x Bloodmage Thalnos|
|2 x Voidwalker||2 x Dirty Rat|
|2 x Bloodbloom||2 x Stonehill Defender|
|2 x Defile||1 x Elise the Trailblazer|
|2 x Vulgar Homunculus||1 x Medivh, the Guardian|
|1 x Hellfire|
|2 x Lesser Amethyst Spellstone|
|2 x Bane of Doom|
|1 x Siphon Soul|
|1 x Bloodreaver Gul'dan|
|2 x DOOM!|
Deck Import ID:
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
While we're getting the site up to date with Kobolds and Catacombs, check the combo list at the bottom of the page for advice on playing this kind of deck. Once things have settled down we'll add in full strategy advice and match-up insight to this section.
More great Warlock guides:
- 1. Quest Warlock - Quest Warlock deck list guide
- 2. Control Warlock - Control Warlock deck list guide
- 3. Zoo Warlock - Zoo Warlock deck list guide
- 4. Demon Warlock - Demon Warlock deck list guide
- 5. Kobolds and Catacombs decks - Best Kobolds and Catacombs decks
- 6. Dungeon Run - Dungeon Run guide
- 7. Kobolds and Catacombs guide - Kobolds and Catacombs guide
Control Warlock Mulligan guide
Once the metagame has been properly established we'll put our hero-by-hero Mulligan advice back into this section.
Control Warlock tips, combos and synergies
There are lots of important combos to consider in this deck, so take a bit of time to study the list carefully!
- If Defile manages to kill a minion (friendly or otherwise) it will be cast a second time. It will continue to be cast each time it causes another minion to die.
- Don't worry about the negative side of Kobold Librarian as it's incredible value, particularly in the early game. As a Warlock you should be well used to sacrificing your Health for the greater good by now!
- Bloodbloom can be combined with DOOM! for an enormously cheap play at the expense of your Health. If you've the weapon from Medivh, the Guardian in your hand you're going to get a big minion on the board as well.
- Don't forget you can target your own near-death minions with Bane of Doom to get something else out on the board. It's very random but if the minion's likely to die soon anyway...
- All damage-dealing spells in this deck become one point stronger when Bloodmage Thalnos is out in play.
- As mentioned, Medivh, the Guardian puts a 1 / 3 weapon in your hand. Each spell you then play will cause a random minion of the same cost to be put on the board. Every minion summon takes a point of the weapon's Durability.
- Lesser Amethyst Spellstone costs four Mana, does three points of damage to a target, and restores three points of your Health in its vanilla state. Take damage from one of your cards and the value increases to five. Take more damage and it tops out at seven damage/restoration.
- When you play Bloodreaver Gul'dan, your board will be filled up with Demon minions that died earlier on in the match! You'll also gain a new hero power which lets you target three points of damage and restore three points of health simultaneously.