Our Destiny 2 Hunter Arcstrider guide contains everything you need to know about the subclass, from skill trees to passive abilities and everything else besides.
Hunters in Destiny 2 excel at short to medium range combat, using their heightened agility and melee weapon skills to devastating effect. In the original Destiny, Hunter Bladedancers imbue their knives with Arc Light, which allows them to slash through enemies with devastating effect. For Destiny 2, the Bladedancer subclass has been reworked, taking on the name of Arcstrider and receiving even flashier close-quarters capabilities in the process.
We’ve brought together all of the information you need to know about this subclass’ new skills and abilities in this guide. In order to do this, we found Datto’s video - which we've embedded further down the page - incredibly helpful. If you agree, give the video a thumbs-up and maybe consider subscribing to his channel for plenty more insightful Destiny 2 content!
This guide will undergo many revisions as we enter the beta and beyond, but for now you should find the following a pretty solid primer on how things are shaping up for the Arcstrider in Destiny 2. You can read up on the rest of the subclasses coming with the sequel in our Destiny 2 Subclass guide.
Editor's note: UPDATE #1 - Many of the descriptions for the Arcstrider’s abilities are yet to be confirmed. For now, we’ve done our best to ensure that they’re as accurate as they possibly can be with the limited information currently available to us. We’ll be sure to update them as soon as the official descriptions go live.
Destiny 2: Subclass guides
Super Ability: Arc Staff
- Pressing L1+R1 together will summon an energised staff that disintegrates enemies with Arc Light.
Way of the Warrior
These are passive class abilities.
- Combat Flow: Finishing off an enemy with a melee hit instantly recharges your dodge ability.
- Deadly Reach: Extends the range of your melee lunge for a short duration after dodging.
- Lethal Current: Attacks with your Arc Staff will hit twice after dodging.
- Shocking Blow: Your fist emits lightning upon striking an enemy.
Way of the Wind
An alternate set of passive class abilities.
- Disorienting Blow:Striking an enemy with a melee attack will disorient them. Killing an enemy with this ability instantly recharges it.
- Lightning Reflexes: You take less damage while dodging when Arc Staff is active.
- Battle Meditation: When critically wounded, melee attacks and grenades recharge much faster.
- Focused Breathing: Sprinting reduces the cooldown of your dodges, and you gain increased sprint speed.
Our most popular Destiny 2 guides:
- Flux Grenade: An explosive grenade which deals additional damage when attached to enemies.
- Skip Grenade: A grenade which splits on impact, creating multiple projectiles which seek enemies.
- Arcbolt Grenade: A grenade that chains bolts of lightning to nearby enemies.
Two types of dodge are tied to the Hunter class.
- Gambler’s Dodge: Dodging (double tapping circle) near enemies generates Melee energy.
- Marksman’s Dodge: Automatically reload your equipped weapon when Dodging.
- High Jump: Upgrades Double Jump with even greater height.
- Strafe Jump: Upgrades Double Jump with better directional control while in the air.
- Triple Jump: Upgrades Double Jump with a third jump.
Finally here's some footage of the Arcstrider getting stuck into some PVP.