Our Destiny 2 Cayde-6 Io Treasure Chest guide contains all of the treasure chest locations for November 21st - November 28th 2017.
Getting more gear at the end-game can be a somewhat frustrating experience in Destiny 2, but there's a reset each week which provides some relatively painless methods for getting new gear. One of the quickest to finish off is Cayde-6's Treasure Map hunt, where you have to visit a different world each week and track down the treasure using a collection of clues. For this week's adventures, we're off to Io.
You can't just head there and start nosing around though. First of all you need to track down Cayde-6 who is located in the Tower social space. If you've not bumped into him before, you'll need to head over to the far right side of the map, where you'll find him standing by a railing. Drop a marker on your, map, head over there and start a conversation.
Taking part in each week's treasure hunt isn't free, unfortunately. To get hold of the clues you need you'll have to fork out around 25,000 Glimmer. Once you've done so, the five clues will be added to your map, providing an approximate location for the chest and a cryptic clue. Although most of these are easy to deduce, some can be a little harder, but our guide will get you through them all nice and quickly.
Once you've bagged all five, do make sure you pay a return visit to Cayde-6. One of these chests will provide you with an item called a Letter Fragment, and if you hand this into Cayde he'll give you some extra rewards - nothing too special, but every bit of currency counts!
Io Treasure Map #1
“OK, so, Albios's memorial service was on Io. Sacred to Warlocks, blah blah blah. Don't get me wrong, I liked Al - but the service ran a bit long. Ended up betting Banshee I could make a few hairy jumps high up on the Mesa. Broke both my legs, but I did it. I forget what Banshee gave me, but I know I left it in a cache up there somewhere.”
- As soon as you spawn in, hop on your sparrow and follow the path dead ahead.
- Follow it all the way into Terrabase Charon until you come to a large tunnel with an overhanging platform.
- Use the crates nearby to hop on top of this platform and crack open the crate that sits here.
Io Treasure Map #2
“Have you ever had a dream you're in this cave full of mist and you see this amazing cache, but every time you reach to open it, a new layer of mists blocks your path? No? Am I the only one who has this dream?”
- Continue straight on from Treasure Chest #1's location.
- You'll reach a circular pit which houses a number of Vex enemies.
- Jump down and hug the right wall. You'll eventually hit a small cavern entrance with the chest inside.
Io Treasure Map #3
“So word is one of the Cabal's drill engineers found another one of my caches. I don't know if I did such a good job sealing it or if those dumb rhino fingers are too fat to pry it open. Anyway, it's been spotted in some hole near that drill site. I guess Ghaul called them back before they could get into it.”
- From Treasure Chest #3's location, head out of the cave and look directly up. Jump all the way to the top until you see an entrance and Taken enemies straight ahead.
- Run into the entrance and follow the path into the Wraith Mines.
- Don't stray from the path and keep going until you reach the second area with pools of luminous blue liquid. You'll know the one as it has rocky platforms you can hop up to.
- Look just over to the right and you'll see an orange hue emananting from a pathway that leads under a rocky platform.
- Take this path and follow it around as it curves to the right.
- You'll see a hanging drill and the chest is located just behind it.
- Proceed along the metal path to the left and you'll be able to platform over to this chest.
Io Treasure Map #4
“You know Eris Morn, right? Creepy three-eyed old Hunter, too much foundation? Doesn't matter. She comes in and asks me how Io was and I say, wrong Vanguard, ask Ikors; and she's like, I was hoping that cache by the bones marked your grave; and I'm like, I'm an Exo, I left my bones behind a long time ago; and she goes, exactly. You get anything from that?”
- Head to the Rupture Landing Zone.
- Once you spawn in, hop on your Sparrow and follow the path straight ahead and immediately round to the right.
- You'll hit a long straight, take the left turning at the end.
- Continue down the slope and follow the path as it curves off to the left.
- Keep your eyes peeled on the right side and you'll spot the chest ahead.
Io Treasure Map #5
“Funny thing, I know I've been to Io, but all the details are pretty hazy. Guess I'm getting old. I have this memory of a battle on a bridge. Vex everywhere. After crossing a bridge, we took cover to the right, and then, well, it gets fuzzy from there. Maybe worth checking out?”
- Head to the Rupture Landing Zone.
- Hop on your Sparrow and follow the path over to the right, towards the ramp.
- Curve off to the right and keep going, you'll be near the Pyramidion.
- Hug the right side and proceed onwards until you see a small tunnel.
- Follow it all the way and into the Endless Gate.
- Simply keep going until you reach a grand entrance. Hop across, proceed to the end and turn right. You'll see the chest straight ahead.